Senior Account Manager, DACH
Zend is growing rapidly, and recruiting Senior Account Manager responsible for generating new enterprise software business in the DACH region (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) by developing new prospects, identifying their needs, selling Zend Technologies products and services and developing strong customer satisfaction.
The holder of this position would ideally be located in Stuttgart/ Munich, Germany or Dublin, Ireland.
Our employees are those who make it happen. If your skills meet any of the specs below, now is the time to apply to be a part of our passionate team. Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of Duties:
• Achieve and exceed monthly and annual quota ($800K - $1.2 million) with fluency in German
• Provide prompt follow up to all inbound leads and properly document and track results (we receive over 100,000 downloads of our software each month)
• Manage renewals of existing customers, identify and close opportunities to upsell into that customer base
• Effectively forecast business
• Maintain pipeline of 3x quota
• Deliver online presentations and demonstrations with the support of sales engineers
• Build and maintain knowledge base in order to be resident expert on Zend Technologies products and services
• Maintain a weekly outbound phone & email campaign targeting top prospects
• Work with Marketing to coordinate local regional seminars and Webinars
• Update SalesForce.com with all pertinent information related to the opportunity
Skills and Experience:
• Fluency in German and English
• The ability to close $10K - $75K (annual subscription value, upto $450K 3-year terms) deals over the phone
• Experience selling to CTOs, VP Application Development/Engineering, and the developer community
• Experience selling application servers and developers tools a plus (JBoss, mySQL, Oracle, Weblogic, Wily, Websphere, Rational, …)
• Having worked at companies like Oracle, BEA, Borland a plus
• Experience selling within a software as service subscription based model a plus
• Experience with complex selling and consultative selling methodologies is a must
• Liaises with field sales (as necessary) to close sale or travel directly to customer to present Zend solution
• Familiarity with salesforce.com (or other CRM) automation applications
• Ability to work well in a team environment and partner with internal and external resources
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, persistence, aggressiveness, resourcefulness required
• Ability to listen well, communicate and qualify effectively, over the telephone to all levels
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 6 years software sales experience with proven over achievement of sales quota
• A proven track record of being a top performer
Zend Technologies is the PHP Company. 1/3 of the world’s websites and 30% of intranet applications within enterprises run on PHP. A lot of large organizations are making the decision to develop all future web applications with opensource technology, especially PHP. Zend’s application server, IDE and other software/training/service solutions enable developers and IT personnel to manage the entire application delivery lifecycle for PHP applications from design to production operations, and meet SLAs for business-critical PHP applications. It also delivers a Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud offering for PHP development (phpcloud.com) and deployment across cloud providers like Amazon, Rackspace, etc. Zend has 40,000+ customers worldwide (such as NYSE, eBay, GE Corporate, Western Southern Life Insurance, DHL, Fiat, and Deutsche Telekom) and its solutions are being utilized in over 25 million websites. Zend’s software is distributed by partners such as Oracle and IBM on their servers and databases. Zend is a private, venture-backed (SAP, Intel, Greylock, Azure) enterprise software company with its headquarters in Cupertino, California.