Zend Technologies Introduces Zend Studio 5
New Development Solution Supports Web Services for Tight Integration with Other Enterprise Applications
CUPERTINO, Calif. - November 8, 2005 - Zend Technologies, Inc., the PHP company, today announced Zend Studio 5. The product is a full Life Cycle development solution that allows developers to easily and more effectively create, test, and deploy their PHP applications across the enterprise. Zend Studio 5, the most widely used Integrated Development Environment for PHP, has been enhanced with new features to assist in the development, debugging, testing, and deployment of PHP applications, including easy integration with other enterprise applications.
Available in three editions; Standard, Professional, and Enterprise, Zend Studio 5 includes support for PHP 5 as well as an easy switching mechanism allowing users to move between PHP 4 and PHP 5 for full application development, and also seamlessly integrates with Zend Platform 2 to provide a complete development and deployment solution for business-critical, PHP-based applications.
"Zend continues to provide superior tools, technology and support options, furthering PHP as a solution for the most demanding Web applications," said Matthew Rechs, CTO, Schematic. "Zend's Studio 5 offers features that specifically address the needs of developers like Schematic who are building mission critical Web applications for Enterprise IT environments."
Used in a Staging environment, Zend Studio 5 Enterprise Edition provides quick identification of run-time problems and gives developers instant access to source code reducing the time to fix and test. New features include:
- Web Services support easily connects new PHP applications to existing applications regardless of the technology or devices they use, or their location. WSDL files can be generated directly from PHP source code, and can be parsed for Code Completion Integration and Inspection View.
- Subversion revision control system integration allows developers to select the version control tool of their choice.
- Enhanced support for all major database servers, including IBM DB2 and Cloudscape, MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Derby and SQLite.
- Additional new features designed to increase developers productivity:
- New code folding functionality for easily folding classes, functions, PHPDoc blocks as well as non-PHP code.
- Nested PHP Code Completion with support for a variety of PHP elements such as functions, variables, and more.
- Go-To-PHP-Resource let's developers quickly navigate to any PHP resource in the Project with filtering by classes, functions and constants.
- Internet Explorer Integration so developers can directly view and debug applications within a new internal browser.
- FTP over SSL simplifies deployment by allowing developers to securely upload and download project files. Developers can securely browse their FTP connection using SSL with Implicit and Explicit methods.
"Zend Studio 5 delivers an important alternative for enterprise developers who are under intense pressure to build and deploy applications faster than ever before," said Michel Gerin, vice president of marketing for Zend Technologies. "In addition to enhanced speed and simplicity, we've added support for tighter application integration, which is critical in complex enterprise environments."
Pricing and Availability
Zend Studio 5, is available today in three editions, Standard for $99, Professional for $299 ($199 renewal), and Enterprise ($1,495 perpetual and $499 annual license). All editions include one-year expert technical support and one year of free updates and upgrades. Supported platforms include Windows, Linux, SPARC Solaris, FreeBSD 4.x/5.x and Mac OS X.
About Zend Technologies, Inc.
Zend Technologies, Inc., The PHP Company, is the leading provider of products and services for developing, deploying and managing business-critical PHP applications. Zend's founders are the architects of PHP, which is used by more than 22 million Web sites and has quickly become the most popular language for building dynamic Web applications. Deployed at more than 10,000 companies worldwide, the Zend family of products is a comprehensive platform for supporting the entire lifecycle of PHP applications. Zend, headquartered in Cupertino, California, is privately held and venture funded with investments from Azure, Index, Intel Capital, Platinum, SAP Ventures and Walden Israel. For more information, please visit http://www.zend.com/, or call 1-408-253-8800.
Press Contact:Oonagh Morgan
SparkPR for Zend Technologies, Inc.