Zend Extends International Reach
Signs Asia Pacific Distributors
CUPERTINO, CA - May 31, 2005 - Zend Technologies, Inc., the PHP company, and creator of products and services supporting the development, deployment and management of PHP-based applications, today announced its extended reach into the Asia Pacific region with the signing of six distributors tasked with delivering Zend solutions to Japan, China, Hong Kong, and India. The six new distribution partners are responsible for sales and marketing activities in their regions and are authorized to sell Zend's Solutions, as well as provide support and other technical services to customers located throughout those geographical areas.
"The use of PHP as a key factor in enterprise development is exploding around the world," said Doron Gerstel, president and CEO for Zend. "As we extend our reach from North American and Europe, it becomes critical to establish regional representation to ensure the highest quality of service to our customers around the world. We are excited to welcome these new distributors to the Zend family."
The new distributors include Zend Japan, headquartered in Tokyo; Skinova Technology in Beijing, China; Qast Systems Solutions in Shanghai, China; Eden Information Service Ltd., in Shenzhen, China; Data World Computer & Communications, Ltd. in Hong Kong; and G.T. Enterprises in Bangalore, India. Each of these organizations offers both depth and breadth of PHP and open source development experience.
- Zend Japan - Based in Tokyo, Zend Japan is managed by Yoshiyuki Suzuki, president and CEO. Zend Japan, a subsidiary of Open Source Japan, Ltd., drives all marketing, sales, and support efforts of Zend solutions in Japan, while also participating in localization efforts of Zend products.
- Skinova Technology - Headed by Sean Wang, owner and CEO, Skinova offers both hardware and software solutions and has a software development department focused on PHP and MySQL applications. The company boasts an impressive customer list, including trading, space exploration, system integrators, telecommunications and shipping companies. Skinova focuses on the Beijing region of China.
- Qast Systems Solutions - Covering Shanghai and Central China, Qast is a software distributor of development, network application, shareware and imaging tools. Focused on the government, manufacturing, banking and other Fortune 500 companies, Qast has a network of 1,000 resellers. Headed by Oliver Gu, CEO, the company is also a distributor for MySQL in China.
- Eden Information Service Ltd - Responsible for Southern China, Eden is a leading provider of software, IT products and services for over 5,000 customers in the area. Targeting a wide range of markets, including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, banking, security and government, the company offers a full range of technical services. Eden is lead by Diana Ding, president and CEO.
- Data World Computer & Communications, Ltd. - Developer of innovative and state-of-the-art products since 1983, DWC&C focuses on network communication, security and web application development; and has strong and established relationships with local ISPs, ASPs, ISVs and System Integrators. The company focuses primarily on Hong Kong and Macau. The Zend operation is managed by Dempster Lau, sales manager.
- G.T. Enterprises - Headquartered in Bangalore, India, G.T. Enterprises is headed by CEO U.M. Taranath and focuses on open source and related software products. The company has a regional presence in all major cities in India via reseller partners, while operating its own branch office in Ahmadabad. In addition, G.T. Enterprises has a training division named 'The Linux Learning Centre'.
About Zend Technologies, Inc.
Zend Technologies, Inc., the PHP company, is the leading provider of products and services for developing, deploying and managing business-critical PHP applications. Zend and its founders are the architects of PHP, which is used by more than fifteen million Web sites and has quickly become the most popular language for building dynamic web applications. Deployed at more than 8,000 companies worldwide, the Zend family of products is a comprehensive platform for supporting the entire lifecycle of PHP applications. Zend, headquartered in Cupertino, California, is privately held and venture funded with investments from Azure, Index, Platinum, and Walden Israel. For more information, please visit www.zend.com, or call 1-408-253-8800.
Zend, Zend Technologies, Zend Store, Zend Platform, Zend SOS, Zend.com and/or the logos and icons associated with each of these names are trademarks of Zend Technologies, Inc. and may be registered in certain jurisdictions.