Zend Technologies Announces Zend Platform 3.0
New Version Drives PHP to the Enterprise
Cupertino, Calif.- February 12, 2007 - Zend Technologies, the PHP company, today announced the general availability of Zend Platform™ 3.0. Zend Platform 3.0 is the only PHP application server created specifically to support the management, performance, integration and scalability requirements of organizations that use PHP to run business-critical web applications. Zend Platform improves the end user experience with these web applications by enabling better application responsiveness, reduced application downtime, and richer functionality.
“PHP is the most successful language for creating and operating modern, dynamic web applications. Driven by its ease, flexibility, and power, it is increasingly being used by commercial organizations to create business-critical web applications," said Mark de Visser, Chief Marketing Officer at Zend Technologies. “Zend Platform 3.0 complements PHP with capabilities that these organizations need to guarantee the best end user experience and maximum uptime for their web applications.”
“The decision to upgrade from Zend Platform 2.0 to Zend Platform 3.0 was obvious,” said Jennifer Goodie, senior manager, Amp’d Mobile, Inc. “Because of the SNMP alerts, we can integrate our PHP Intelligence with our network operations center so only alerts that require urgent attention reach us. Additionally, optimization and tuning features, as well as acceleration, are the main features we utilize and we are excited to see that all have been enhanced in this new version.”
"Zend Platform has been the backbone of our high performance consulting business, enabling us to deliver high performance for Open Source systems," said Jonathan Lambert, Principal, FireBright, Inc. "No other platform holds a candle to Zend for delivering on the promise of PHP."
With three editions available, Zend Platform is the must-have solution for ensuring reliable PHP applications that run at peak performance.
Zend Platform PS – Ideal for small to mid-sized organizations
Zend Platform PS provides the performance and management functions needed for every PHP deployment. The performance features are designed to maximize user responsiveness for PHP applications by allowing applications to run significantly faster. The performance improvement is typically three-fold and can grow to be as much as 150 times faster depending on the type of application. The management features are designed to simplify the process of configuring servers and monitoring the status of PHP applications. Key features include:
- PHP Intelligence - Monitors PHP applications to identify problems and record their root causes. PHP Intelligence helps to proactively fix the problems, thus improving application reliability and reducing downtime
- Code Acceleration - Increases application performance up to three times for better user responsiveness and scalability
- Dynamic Content Caching - Increases performance up to 150 times by caching dynamically generated pages
- Output Compression - Reduces output bandwidth by up to 90 percent for better responsiveness and reduced load
- Configuration Management -Simplifies configuration of the PHP application environment for easier maintainability
Zend Platform IS - Ideal for any organization with application and infrastructure integration needs
Zend Platform IS provides the integration services needed by modern PHP applications and production environments. By providing integration to Java, reporting capabilities and SNMP integration, applications work in harmony with existing infrastructure. Key features include:
- Java Bridge - Create applications that interact with Java objects or J2EE services
- BIRT Integration - Integrates with your application to produce compelling reports in both HTML and PDF
- SNMP Integration - Easily integrates PHP Intelligence events into your existing system management infrastructure
Zend Platform ES – Ideal for large organizations with scalability and reliability concerns
Platform ES is the ultimate PHP solution incorporating all the features of Platform PS and Platform IS while adding enterprise-grade functionality for increased reliability and scalability in multi-server environments. By providing session clustering and a high availability fail-over solution, Zend Platform ES makes PHP applications more robust and lets them offer a more reliable user experience. Application responsiveness is further enhanced with off-line processing and a high performance file download mechanism. Key features include:
- Session Clustering - Provides a scalable solution for high availability session fail-over
- Job Queues - Provides off-line processing for improved interactive responsiveness
- Zend Download Server - Scale the number of concurrent file downloads by up to ten-fold for better interactive responsiveness and reduced load
About Zend Technologies, Inc.
Zend Technologies, Inc., the PHP company, is the leading provider of products and services for developing, deploying and managing business-critical PHP applications. PHP is used by more than twenty-two million Web sites and has quickly become the most popular language for building dynamic web applications. Deployed at more than 15,000 companies worldwide, the Zend family of products is a comprehensive platform for supporting the entire lifecycle of PHP applications. Zend is headquartered in Cupertino, California. For more information, please visit www.zend.com, or call 1-408-253-8800.
Zend Press Contacts
+ 1 415 321 1868
+97 2 37 53 9500
Dr. Haffa & Partner Public Relations GmbH
+49 89 993 1910
+33 14 131 7506
Maria Pace Medolago Albani
CBO - Communication by Objectives
+ 39 (0) 28 545 8323