Zend Core Updates
Zend has released a new update for Zend Core for i5/OS.
Note: This update package can be installed on Zend Core for i5/OS version 2.5.0 and above.
The update package includes all new and previous Zend Core for i5/OS updates.
Updates from Zend Core for i5/OS 2.6.1 and Zend Core for i5/OS 2.6.3:
# Latest PHP stable version, PHP 5.2.9
The latest stable PHP version, PHP 5.2.9 - This release includes over 50 bug fixes and security fixes.
Key security enhacments and fixes are:
- Fixed security issue in imagerotate(), background colour isn't validated correctly with a non truecolour image. Reported by Hamid Ebadi, APA Laboratory (Fixes CVE-2008-5498).
- Fixed a crash on extract in zip when files or directories entry names contain a relative path.
- Fixed explode() behavior with empty string to respect negative limit.
- Fixed a segfault when malformed string is passed to json_decode().
# Zend Debugger update - This release includes several key enhancements and bug fixes
# Zend Optimizer update - This release includes several key enhancements and bug fixes
# DB2 extension update- This release includes some fundamental changes made to DB2 in V6R1 that have been problems for
System i developers running PHP on the new release. Here are major key enhancements
- V6R1 i5 DB2 change to use stored procedures for Meta data fetches.
- DB2 PTF(s) were released that changed the DB2 connect security in V5R3, V5R4, V6R1. Special code has been added
to allow the most common default connect of db2_(p)connect("","","") to work again. This will repair the majority
of first time PHP DB2 applications, however some other profile based applications with no-password schemes will fail.
- Misc bug fixes.
# PHP Toolkit update - This release includes persistent connection i5_pconnect() bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug when using I5_OPTIONS_IDLE_TIMEOUT option. The persistant connection jobs were not closed after the time
defined in the I5_OPTIONS_IDLE_TIMEOUT option
- Fixed a bug when using I5_OPTIONS_PRIVATE_CONNECTION option. Database files stayed open after the persistant connection is close
# OpenSSL securioty fixes update - IBM releases following PTFs which includes the security fixes.
-PTF SI34376 for v5R3
-PTF SI34377 for V5R4
-PTF SI34378 for V6R1
# OpenLDAP extension update - latest extension version 2.4.15
# libevent library update - latest library version 1.4.9
# libxml2 library update - latest library version 2.7.3
Updates from Zend Core for i5/OS 2.6.0 and Zend Core for i5/OS 2.6.1:
# New extensions - This release includes new PHP extensions specific for the i5/OS
- PDO_IBM Extension (preview version) this extension implements the PHP Data Objects (PDO) interface to enable access from PHP to IBM databases.
- ImageMagick Extension (preview version) - this extension allows you to create, edit, and compose bitmap images in PHP
- Pspell Extension (preview version) - provides a generic interface to the system spelling checking libraries
# PHP Toolkit update - This release includes several key enhancements and bug fixes. Key improvements are:
- Fixed stored procedure result set bug
- Persistent connection improvement. A new I5_OPTIONS_PRIVATE_CONNECTION option in the i5_pconnect() function will allow you to run multiple browser requests using the same System i job. In order to use the I5_OPTIONS_PRIVATE_CONNECTION connection option,
make sure to update the Toolkit's server modules. Please contact Zend Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the Toolkit modules' download location.
- New I5_OPTIONS_LOCALCP and I5_OPTIONS_RMTCCSID connection options will allow you to specify the correct ASCII/EBCDIC conversion settings.
- Fixed i5_fetch_assoc()function
Updates from Zend Core for i5/OS 2.5.2:
# Latest PHP stable version, PHP 5.2.6
The latest stable PHP version, PHP 5.2.6 - This release includes over 120 bug fixes and security fixes. Key security fixes are:
- Fixed possible stack buffer overflow in the FastCGI SAPI
- Fixed integer overflow in printf()
- Fixed security issue detailed in CVE-2008-0599
- Fixed a safe_mode bypass in CURL
- Properly address incomplete multibyte chars inside escapeshellcmd()
# DB2 extension update- This release includes several key enhancements and bug fixes.
# ICONV extension update - This release includes several bug fixes.
# Zend Debugger update - This Debugger version is compatible with Zend Studio 6.0.1. for i5/OS.
Manually download and install updates (offline) instructions:
1. Check the Zend Network website for Zend Update Packages through the following URL: http://www.zend.com/en/products/core/updates.
2. Download Zend Update Package file ZendCore_2.6.0-1_i5_OS.tar.gz
3. Move the downloaded file to the /tmp directory on your i5/OS server.
4. Start the QSH shell by running the command "STRQSH" in your i5/OS command line.
5. In the QSH shell, run the following script "/usr/local/zend/core/sbin/hotfix.sh /tmp/ZendCore_2.6.0-1_i5_OS.tar.gz".
6. Open the Zend Core Setup Tool by running the command "go zendcore/zcmenu" in your i5/OS emulation screen.
7. Select Update via Zend Network Menu | Update Zend Core components | Install Zend Update Packages.
See the 'Updating Zend Core' topic of the Zend Core for i5/OS Online Help
(http://files.zend.com/help/Zend-Core-i5-Help/updating.htm) for more information on how to install Zend Core Updates