Using the Zend Server VirtualBox Appliance
VirtualBox is a general-purpose open-source virtualization product from Oracle that's targeted at server, desktop and embedded use. Using VirtualBox, you can create and run virtual machines and pre-configured virtual appliances for a variety of useful purposes like consolidating hardware, standardizing a development/production stack, creating a development sandbox, and more.
The Zend Server VirtualBox appliance is a simple way to get a complete enterprise-caliber PHP stack up and running nearly instantly. It provides a pre-configured Zend Server – running on Oracle Enterprise Linux – that's immediately ready for PHP application deployment.
|DOWNLOAD APPLIANCE||GENERATE A TRIAL LICENSE|
Getting Started1. Install Oracle VM VirtualBox
2. Download and unzip ZS56-OL57-XE112.zip, the Zend Server VirtualBox appliance
3. Open VirtualBox, and choose File > Import Appliance
4. In the Appliance Import Wizard, choose ZS56-OL57-XE112.ova (from the unzipped appliance download .zip file), select "Import" at the Appliance Import Settings screen, and agree to the Zend Software License Agreement to start the import process
6. Open a browser window inside the VM and navigate to http://localhost:10081 (the Zend Server administration console
7.Accept the license agreement and set your admin password, and enter your free 30-day trial license to try out the advanced performance, monitoring, and root cause analysis features of Zend Server
8. Oracle Database XE can be configured using the instructions starting at step 5 from http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18802/toc.htm#CIHHJEHF
You're now ready to start using Zend Server! Get started using Zend Server »
View the Zend Server Reference Manual »