Innovate faster and cut risk with PHP experts from Zend Services.
Learn PHP from PHP experts with free, on-demand, and instructor led courses.
Submit support requests and browse self-service resources.
Table of Contents
1. General Notes
2. What's New in This Version
3. System Requirements
7. Resolved Issues
8. Known Issues
9. Support and Feedback
=============================1. General Notes
- This package does not include a built-in license key. You can obtain a
license key at http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/license
=============================2. What's New in This Version
* Added Zend Framework 2 to Zend Server with PHP5.3
- Further details at: http://framework.zend.com/blog/zend-framework-2-0-0-stable-released.html
- To use ZF2 we have added the zf2_path variable , just use get_cfg_var('zf2_path') in your autoloader.
=============================3. System Requirements
* Supported Operating Systems, Platforms and OS versions:
- Linux x86 and x86-64:
- RHEL 6.x, 5.x, CentOS 5.x,6.x, OEL 5.x and Fedora 13 and above
through RPM packages
- SLES 10.x, 11.x and OpenSUSE 11.x, 12.x through RPM packages
- Debian GNU/Linux 6.0/5.x, Ubuntu Linux 10.04 and above
through DEB packages
- Windows x86 and x86-64:
- Windows XP SP 2 and above
- Windows Vista (except for "Starter Edition")
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Apple Mac OS X versions 10.6 and 10.7
* Supported Web Servers:
- Apache 2.2 (bundled on Windows & Mac, distro-based on Linux)
- Microsoft IIS 5, 6, 7 (pre-installed on Windows operating systems)
* Supported Browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and above
- Apple Safari 4 and above on Mac OS X
- Google Chrome 8 and above
* When using Java Bridge, Sun or IBM Java Runtime Environment,
Version 5 or newer is required
For full installation instructions, please refer to the Zend Server
Installation Guide, available at: http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/resources
Please do not attempt to install this product version on top of a
Zend Server 4.0.x, 5.0-BETA or 5.5-BETA installation.
Upgrades from Zend Server 5.0.4 and above are supported.
Product documentation is available through the web GUI of the product, and
online at http://files.zend.com/help/Zend-Server/zend-server.htm
* The Zend Deployment feature on Windows platform is only available with
Zend Server using an Apache web server.
* The Memcached and Cassandra PHP extensions are only available for Linux
and Mac platforms.
* Zend Server 5.6.0 for Mac OS X does not support upgrading from previous
versions of Zend Server (incl. Zend Server 5.6 Tech Preview). Please
uninstall any existing Zend Server software before installing
Zend Server 5.6.0 for Mac OS X.
7. Resolved issues
8. Known Issues
The following issues were known to the Zend development team at the time
of the release:
* The new features added to the .ini file format in PHP 5.3 are not
presently supported by the GUI page managing the .ini directives.
If you use 5.3-format features of .ini files, it is strongly
recommended that you only modify the .ini directives by manually editing
the appropriate files. Use of the Zend Server GUI when any .ini files
contain 5.3-format sections may result in unexpected behavior
in those .ini files.
Installation and Upgrade issues
* When upgrading Zend Server SLES 11.x , some php extensions might be left with wrong permissions -
this behavior will be noticed when trying to turn on/off an extension from the ZS GUI.
1. Perform the upgrade in 2 steps
zypper update 'php-5.3*'
zypper update '*zend*'
chgrp zend -R /usr/local/zend/etc
chmod 664 /usr/local/zend/etc/conf.d/*.ini
* On Windows, an unattended upgrade of Zend Server 5.x will not work if
installed on top of IIS. Regular, non-silent, upgrade will work,
as well as unattended upgrades if installed on top of Apache.
* Switching between PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.3 or from Zend Server CE to Zend Server
packages on SUSE based distributions will cause conflicting error messages to
appear, and may fail. In this case it is recommended to uninstall the old
packages before installing the new packages.
* When upgrading from Zend Server 5.1 on SLES 10.x using zypper package manager,
the package php-5.x-xmlwriter-zend-server is reported as "locked".
Please select the "unlock" option presented by zypper for the upgrade procedure
to complete successfully.
* The Zend Server Cluster Manager package may fail to upgrade on SUSE-based
distributions using command "zypper upgrade zend-server-cluster-manager".
A workaround is to use alternative commands to upgrade the package:
- Use the "zypper upgrade" command (may also update system packages)
- Install and use the "yum" package management utility
- Manually download the package and upgrade it from a local drive
* Zend Server installation on openSUSE/SLES system may fail because of
dependency issues with Apache web server package. As a workaround,
invoke Zend Server installation again or install Apache web server
package prior to to installing Zend Server.
* LDAPS and LDAP-TLS connections are not supported on Fedora Linux.
On SLES/RHEL/CentOS systems LDAPS and LDAP-TLS connections may not
work immediately after installation, until Apache web server is
* Zend Data Cache and Page Cache components may report an error after
upgrading Zend Server cluster on Windows. Click "reconfigure" link
from the Cluster Setup screen and restart PHP to resolve this issue.
* On Windows XP 64-bit edition and Windows Vista Home Edition,
Zend Server 5.x can only be installed with an Apache web server.
* On Windows XP and Windows 2003, Optimizer+ error messages may sometimes
be reported in the Event Viewer. In most cases these messages do not affect
Zend Server's functionality and performance, however under rare
circumstances they indicate that Optimizer+ was unable to start due
to an address conflict.
For a workaround, refer to the Zend Knowledgebase
* An error in the SOAP extension causes PHP to crash if date.timezone is not
set. For a workaround, refer to the Zend Knowledgebase
* After disconnecting Zend Server on Windows from a cluster, it is recommended
to restart the Apache webserver and all Zend Server services, in order to
resume proper operation of Zend Deployment.
* MongoDB extension crashes when IBM_DB2 extension is enabled and used.
See bug http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=24013
=============================9. Support and Feedback
* Support for Zend Server CE and evaluation support is provided via the
Zend forums at http://forums.zend.com
Thank you for using Zend Server
Zend Technologies, Inc.