Innovate faster and cut risk with PHP experts from Zend Services.
Learn PHP from PHP experts with free, on-demand, and instructor led courses.
Submit support requests and browse self-service resources.
Table of Contents
1. General Notes
2. What's New in This Version
3. System Requirements
6. Resolved Issues
7. Known Issues
8. Support and Feedback
=============================1. General Notes
* This package does not include a built-in license key. You can obtain a license key from http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/license
=============================2. What's New In This Version
* Upgraded PHP 5.3 packages to version 5.3.8. Additional release information is available at http://www.php.net/releases/5_3_8.php
* Introduced Zend Deployment -- new feature that enables successful PHP application deployments through integrated application packaging and automated deployment. This new functionality is available via the Zend Server GUI and Web API.
* Introduced Zend Server CLI tools - set of command-line utilities to perform setup and management tasks for Zend Server and Zend Server Cluster Manager.
* Upgraded Zend Framework packages to version 1.11.10. A full changelog is available at http://framework.zend.com/changelog/1.11.10
* Updated PHP Toolkit based on IBM_DB2 extension
* PTF to upgrade to Zend Server 5.6.0
=============================3. System Requirements
* Zend Server for IBM i requires that your system meet the following software
- Verify the existence of the /usr/local directory since the product will be installed under this directory.
- Check if all the following License Programs (LICPGM) are installed:
Description Product Option Licensed Program Licensed Program Licensed Program
-------------------------------------- --------------- ------V5R4------ -----V6R1------- -----V7R1-------
Portable App Solutions Environment 33 5722SS1 5761SS1 5770SS1
Qshell 30 5722SS1 5761SS1 5770SS1
IBM HTTP Server for i5/OS *base 5722DG1 5761DG1 5770DG1
IBM Portable Utilities for I5/OS *base 5733SC1 5733SC1 5733SC1
OpenSSH, OpenSST, Zlib 1 5733SC1 5733SC1 5733SC1
* Supported Versions
- V5R4 with latest PTFs
- V6R1 with latest PTFs
- V7R1 with latest PTFs
* Supported Browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and above
- Google Chrome 8 and above
- Apple Safari 3.0 and above
* The Zend Java Bridge component requires a Java Runtime Environment Version 5 or newer
* Required PTFs
Version Licensed Program PTF Group PTF
------- ---------------- ------- ---------
V5R4 5722DG1 SI36026 Current PTF group (minimum SF99114 - Group 22)
6.1 5761DG1 SI36027 Current PTF group (minimum SF99115 - Group 13)
7.1 5761DG1 Current PTF group (minimum SF99368 - Group 1)
* Required PTFs for IBM Toolkit (Beta)
Version Licensed Program PTF
------- ---------------- -------
V5R4 5722SS1 SI39610
6.1 5761SS1 SI39829
7.1 5770SS1 SI39831/SI39917
For full installation instructions please refer to the Zend Server Installation Guide, available at: http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/resources
If you have installed Zend Server 5.0 beta, please remove it before installing this version. Upgrading from the beta version is not supported and will not work.
Product documentation is available through the web GUI of the product, and on-line at http://files.zend.com/help/Zend-Server-IBMi/zend-server.htm
* The Zend Deployment feature on Windows platform is only available with
Zend Server using an Apache web server.
=============================7. Resolved issues
* XMLWriter extension now properly handles php://output stream 
* Event notification email messages sent by Zend Monitor now contain
complete event information and are fully compatible with RFC-2822 
* Fixes in MySQL IBMDB2i Storage Engine for better IBM i interoperability:
- Force UPPER case when installed in IFS case insensitive file system
(ie. Zend default install is case insensitive /usr/local/mysql)
- Add support for zoned decimal like mysql numeric(12,2).
Please follow these instructions to install this MySQL IBMDB2i update:
- Stop MySQL daemon
- Rename /usr/local/mysql/lib/plugin/ha_ibmdb2i.so.0.0.0 to ha_ibmdb2i.so.0.0.0_old
- Copy /usr/local/zendsvr/bin/ha_ibmdb2i.so.0.0.0 to /usr/local/mysql/lib/plugin
Note: If the user wants to regain full control over MySql created UPPER/"lower" case,
the entire Zend MySql installation must be moved to a case sensitive IFS file
system (ie. start with /QOpenSys/).
============================8. Known Issues
The following issues were known to the Zend development team at the time
of the release:
* The new features added to the .ini file format in PHP 5.3 are not presently supported by the GUI page managing the .ini directives. If you use 5.3-format features of .ini files, it is strongly
recommended that you only modify the .ini directives by manually editing
the appropriate files. Use of the Zend Server GUI when any .ini files
contain 5.3-format sections may result in unexpected behavior
in those .ini files.
Upgrade and Installation issues
* After the PTF upgrade from Zend Server 5.1, user should use the following
commands to control the Easycom i5 toolkit job:
Start: ZENDSVR/ZCCSTREACD LIB(ZENDSVR)
NOTE: the Easycom i5 toolkit job (if installed) starts automatically as
part of Zend Server subsystem.
* After the PTF upgrade add the new ToolkitAPI directory path to PHP.INI file:
include_path = ".:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/ZendFramework/library:/usr/local/zendsvr/share/pear:/usr/local/ZendSvr/share/ToolkitApi"
* After the PTF upgrade all configuration files from the previous version are saved in the following folder:
in PHP 5.2 package - /usr/local/zendsvr/etc_4ZC0005
in PHP 5.3 package - /usr/local/zendsvr/etc_4ZC0006
* After the PTF upgrade the 5250 Bridge configuration file from the previous version saved as:
in PHP 5.2 package - /usr/local/zendsvr/5250/etc/Brdg5250.ini_4ZC0005
in PHP 5.3 package - /usr/local/zendsvr/5250/etc/Brdg5250.ini_4ZC0006
* After the PTF upgrade the 5250 Bridge APIs using XMLSERVICE Toolkit is
located in the following location: /usr/local/zendsvr/5250_560.tar
* After the PTF upgrade the Apache configuration file from the previous version saved as:
in PHP 5.2 package - /www/zendsvr/conf/httpd.conf_4ZC0005
in PHP 5.3 package - /www/zendsvr/conf/httpd.conf_4ZC0006
* After removing Zend Server 5.6 PTF, user needs to adjust file permissions
on /www/zendsvr/conf/httpd.conf before starting Apache web server using
the following commands:
CHGOWN OBJ('/www/zendsvr/conf/httpd.conf') NEWOWN(QTMHHTTP)
CHGAUT OBJ('/www/zendsvr/conf/httpd.conf') USER(*PUBLIC) DTAAUT(*EXCLUDE) OBJAUT(*NONE)
CHGAUT OBJ('/www/zendsvr/conf/httpd.conf') USER(QTMHHTTP) DTAAUT(*RWX) OBJAUT(*ALL)
* After upgrade from Zend Server 5.0.2 the Server Setup > Extensions page in
GUI may display two entries for Easycom extension, and one of them in error
state. This is presentation only issue and doesn't affect functionality of
Zend Server GUI nor Easycom extension .
=============================9. Support and Feedback
* Additional Zend Server for IBM i support is provided via the Zend
forums at http://forums.zend.com
Thank you for using Zend Server
Zend Technologies, Inc.