Zend is pleased to announce the Zend Studio 11.0.0 release!
In this release:
* Discover the world's easiest way to create high-quality APIs! Get started with Apigility in Zend Studio.
* Deployment-ready packages are just one click away. Push to production faster.
* Configure application server access hassle-free. Deploy, debug and monitor with ease.
* Comfortably browse and manage PHP dependencies with Composer.
* Work with a reduced package size product for quicker download, install and updates.
* Performance improvements and bugfixes.
* Support for Zend Gateway is discontinued. It is now recommended to use Apigility for creating APIs.
* Zend Toolbar is discontinued. It is now recommended to use Z-Ray.
* Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Linux x86, Linux x86-64
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks
* 1.5GHz processor
* 2GB RAM
* 1GB of hard disk space
* Linux, OS X: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 or higher
Mobile development requirements:
* Java Development Kit should be added to system path to enable generation of native Android mobile apps. We recommend Oracle (Sun) JDK 1.6 or higher (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads). Please ensure you have:
a. JAVA_HOME environment variable set (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45)
b. %JAVA_HOME%\bin is added to system path (http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml).
* Internet Explorer >=10 is required. Safari browser is recommended on Windows for mobile drag & drop editor. You can install it from http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1531
Code Trace requirements:
* Flash Player must be installed in the operating system.
Updating from Zend Studio 10.x:
* To update add two new update sites in Help -> Install New Software -> Available Update Sites:
and select Help -> Check for updates.
* Since Zend Studio 10.5 release we provide Mac OS X 64-bit packages only. This means there will be no updates available for 32-bit Zend Studio on OS X. A new installation of 64-bit Zend Studio is required. Existing workspaces can be used with new 64-bit installation. 64-bit installations (Zend Studio 10.5 and later) can be upgraded as usual.
* Z-Ray may not render correctly inside Zend Studio on Windows. A workaround can be applied in one of the following alternative ways:
a) Modify Zend Server configuration to include the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response. If Zend Server is running on Apache HTTP Server then:
1. Add the following line in the httpd.conf file:
Header add X-UA-Compatible "IE=edge"
2. Restart the Apache HTTP Server.
3. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
b) Modify the application to include "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response:
1. Add the following line in a suitable place in your PHP code:
2. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
In future version of Zend Server, Z-Ray will automatically add the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response, so the above workaround will not be required.
* ZendDebugger does not support thread-safe mode.
* Debug session is not started for both debugging an application and debug mode enabled against OpenShift target with zend-6.1 cartridge.
* Zend Studio Crashes with Segmentation Fault in KDE 4.11, see http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-crashes-with-segmentation-fault-in-kde-4-11
* Zend Studio menus do not show or appear only partially in the menu bar of Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04. The issue is caused by Ubuntu's bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/+bug/1208019. See http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-menu-does-not-work-on-ubuntu-13-10/
* Using Zend Studio's built-in PHP 5.5 binaries with Xdebug may be problematic on Windows and OS X.
On Windows no Xdebug package is suggested for downloading at http://xdebug.org/wizard.php
On OS X Xdebug requires an older version of Zend Engine API than provided by Zend Studio binaries. Workaround: manually build Xdebug, following steps described at http://xdebug.org/wizard.php
* To display class inheritance charts in the documentation generated by PHPDocumentor installation of Graphviz is required. Due to compatibility issues, please install
Graphviz version 2.30.1 on Mountain Lion
Graphviz version 2.28.0 on Windows and other Mac OS X distributions
* Running mobile project as Web Mobile application (or using 'Preview Mode' of mobile drag & drop editor) on Windows requires Internet Explorer 'Access data sources across domains' option enabled:
Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab -> Security level -> Custom level -> Miscellaneous -> Access data sources across domains -> Enable -> OK -> Apply
* Due to Zend's contribution of PHP Code Formatter to opensource Eclipse PDT project the namespace of custom formatter preferences has changed and settings exported from/created with Zend Studio 10.0.1 will not work out of the box in Zend Studio >= 10.1.0.
Export Formatter Profile using Studio 10.0.1 and replace all occurrences of "com.zend" by "org.eclipse" in the exported XML file before importing it into Zend Studio >= 10.1.0.
* Using Android Development Toolkit (ADT) on Linux x86-64 requires installation of additional libraries :
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
sudo apt-get install lib32stdc++6
sudo yum install redhat-lsb.i686
Support and Feedback:
* Support for Zend Studio 11 and evaluation support is provided via http://www.zend.com/support-center and Zend Forums at http://forums.zend.com
You can also send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for using Zend Studio!
Zend Technologies, Inc.