Innovate faster and cut risk with PHP experts from Zend Services.
See How Zend Helps Leading Hosting Providers Keep Their Managed Sites on Secure PHP
Learn PHP from PHP experts with free, on-demand, and instructor led courses.
Submit support requests and browse self-service resources.
Zend is pleased to announce the Zend Studio 12.5.1 maintenance release!
You can download this release from: http://www.zend.com/en/products/studio
* Zend Framework 2 updated to version 2.4.2
* Apigility 1.1 is now used in project templates
* PHP 5.6 binaries are update to version 5.6.7
* Max memory heap size is set back to 1 GB for 32-bit installations
* Fixed issue with invoking Encode Project on Mac
* Fixed issue with mobile apps on Windows when the Android SDK is installed on a location containing spaces in the path
* Added error dialog with description of possible reasons that may cause problems while trying to read info from PHP executable (eg. incompatible version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable on Windows)
* Added reporting of problems related to setting up a valid port in debugger connection settings (eg. warning is reported if given port is already in use)
* Improved 'Dark' theme presentation model of wizards & dialogs for creating/editing PHP servers and executables
* Fixed issue with deploying applications to Zend Server on nginx
* Fixed issue with saving URL filters for Zend Server monitoring
* Fixed issue with saving URL filters for Zend Server debug mode
* Fixed issue with failing test for Zend Debugger connection when 'Use SSL encryption' option was turned on
* Fixed issue that was causing wrong debug port to be set (10000 instead of 10137) for Zend Debugger in newly created PHP servers & executables
* Fixed issue with unsupported 'Source Location' option for XDebug launch configurations
* Fixed issue with NPE occurring when trying to open a PHP file from code trace editor
* Improved content assist performance for projects with large number of types
* Fixed issue with Zend Studio freezing after hyperlinking just after Zend Studio start
* Minor fixes for content assist
* Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8
- Linux x86, Linux x86-64
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
* 1.5GHz processor
* 2GB RAM
* 1GB of hard disk space
PHP 5.5 and 5.6 built-in executables (Windows only):
* The PHP 5.5 and 5.6 built-in executables require the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 (x86 variant) to be installed in the operating system. The MSI installer of Zend Studio 12.5 and later installs it automatically, but users upgrading from earlier Zend Studio version must install it manually from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
Apigility integration requirements:
* Internet Explorer >=10 is required on Windows for the Apigility Editor to render correctly.
Mobile development requirements:
* For generation of native Android applications it is required to have:
The Stand-alone Android SDK Tools: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools
The Java Development Kit added to system path. We recommend Oracle (Sun) JDK 7 or higher (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads). Please ensure you have:
a. JAVA_HOME environment variable set (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45)
b. %JAVA_HOME%\bin is added to system path (http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml)
Code Trace requirements:
* Flash Player must be installed in the operating system.
* CordovaSim requires manual configuration of JRE (Mac OS X only). For some reason the Eclipse Platform on Mac OS X does not automatically configure the JRE that runs Studio. Users must manually configure it in the Java > Installed JREs preference page.
* Reset Perspective may be required after installation of the Terminal plugin. This is required in case it does not appear in the Show In context menu.
* During update of Studio a security warning about unsigned content may be shown. You can safely ignore this warning and proceed with the upgrade.
* Z-Ray may not render correctly inside Zend Studio on Windows. A workaround can be applied in one of the following alternative ways:
a) Modify Zend Server configuration to include the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response. If Zend Server is running on Apache HTTP Server then:
1. Add the following line in the httpd.conf file:
Header add X-UA-Compatible "IE=edge"
2. Restart the Apache HTTP Server.
3. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
b) Modify the application to include "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response:
1. Add the following line in a suitable place in your PHP code:
2. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
In Zend Server 8 and later Z-Ray will automatically add the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response, so the above workaround will not be required.
* Zend Debugger PHP extension is not available for PHP builds with Thread Safety enabled. You can find out the status of Thread Safety in your PHP:
- in phpinfo() output
- by checking the value of the predefined constant PHP_ZTS ("false" means Non Thread Safe, i.e. supported by Zend Debugger)
If you use Thread-Safe PHP, consider Xdebug as the alternative.
* Debug session is not started for both debugging an application and debug mode enabled against OpenShift target with zend-6.1 cartridge.
* Zend Studio Crashes with Segmentation Fault in KDE 4.11 and newer, see http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-crashes-with-segmentation-fault-in-kde-4-11
* Zend Studio menus do not show or appear only partially in the menu bar of Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04. The issue is caused by Ubuntu's bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/+bug/1208019. See http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-menu-does-not-work-on-ubuntu-13-10/
* Using Zend Studio's built-in PHP 5.5 binaries with Xdebug may be problematic on Windows and OS X.
On Windows no Xdebug package is suggested for downloading at http://xdebug.org/wizard.php
On OS X Xdebug requires an older version of Zend Engine API than provided by Zend Studio binaries. Workaround: manually build Xdebug, following steps described at http://xdebug.org/wizard.php
* To display class inheritance charts in the documentation generated by PHPDocumentor installation of Graphviz is required. Due to compatibility issues, please install
Graphviz version 2.30.1 on Mountain Lion and newer
Graphviz version 2.28.0 on Windows and older OS X versions
* Debugging PHPUnit tests is not possible under Linux and OS X when PHPUnit phar is used to start tests. In this case XDebug should be used.
* In case of problems with reaching Zend Studio update sites through proxy try workaround from https://wiki.eclipse.org/Disabling_Apache_Httpclient
Support and Feedback:
* To share bug reports and any other feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Zend Forums at http://forums.zend.com
Thank you for using Zend Studio!
Zend Technologies, Inc.