Zend is pleased to announce the Zend Studio 13 release!
You can download this release from:
* PHP 7 Support:
* Return Types Declaration
* Combined Comparison (Spaceship) Operator
* Null Coalesce Operator
* Group Use Declarations
* Generator Delegation
* Anonymous Classes
* Uniform Variable Syntax
* Context Sensitive Lexer
* PHP 7 CLI executables available as add-on (Experimental)
* PHP 7 Express Migration Assistant - scans the PHP 5.x code for potential PHP 7 problems:
* Functions that are no longer available in PHP 7
* Dereferencing syntax that can have different meaning in PHP 5.x and PHP 7
* Reserved words in PHP 7
* Multiple default cases in a switch block
* Docker Support
* Tools for management of Docker Images and Containers
* Integrates with the PHP Tools
* PHP applications can be run, debugged and profiled on Docker Containers running Zend Server or other PHP stacks.
* Tutorial: http://devzone.zend.com/6385/zend-studio-docker-support/
* Git Flow Support with EGit 4.1:
* New in EGit 4.0: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.0.0
* New in EGit 4.1: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.1.0
* Git Flow support: https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Working_with_Gitflow
* PHP Editor improvements:
* New command and quick fixes for organizing use statements
* Syntax coloring for visibility keywords (private, protected, public)
* Improved smart indentation and paste performance
* Variable comment can be now easily inserted with quick fix
* Semantic Analysis improvements:
* Overall performance improvement
* Performance improvements for undeclared method/field validator
* New "Deprecated API" validator
* New "Reserved types" validator (PHP 7)
* New "Multiple default cases in a switch" validator (PHP 7)
* "Bad escape sequence in string" validator adjusted to PHP 7
* New "Ambiguous evaluation of variable-variable constructions" validator, quick fix for detected cases
* New "Functionality removed in PHP 7" validator
* Ability to filter PHP 7 and Deprecated API errors/warnings in Problems view
* Debugger improvements:
* Automatic detection of installed debugger type for local & remote Zend Server
* Finding "best match" client host/IP for newly created server with Zend Debugger on board
* Detection and removal of redundant client hosts/IPs for Zend Debugger client configuration
* Reporting invalid or not accessible client hosts/IPs for Zend Debugger client configuration
* Reporting client hosts/IPs for Zend Debugger configuration that are not available in allowed hosts list in server side configuration
* Zend Debugger Tunneling settings have been moved from 'Tunnel' to 'Debugger' tab in PHP server wizard & edit dialogs
* Added dialog that notifies user about incoming XDebug "external" session request if 'Allow remote session (JIT)' option is set to 'off'.
* Zend Studio as a Plug-in:
* Can be installed on top of existing Eclipse installation
* Available on the Eclipse Marketplace
* Other improvements:
* Eclipse Platform updated to version 4.5.1 Mars.1: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.5/platform.php
* Zend Framework 1 updated to version 1.12.15
* Zend Framework 2 updated to version 2.4.7
* Internal text editor is used instead of the OS system editor as default editor for unknown file types: http://kaloyanraev.blogspot.com/2015/04/making-text-editor-to-be-default-one.html
* "Refresh using native hooks or polling" enabled by default for Windows
* The Remote Systems view is moved next to the PHP Explorer view - default location for the PHP perspective
* Improved icons quality for dark theme
* New option for editors - "Close Tabs to the Left/Right"
* Added "Default PHP Web Server" check-box in wizards for creating different kinds of PHP projects. Choosing this option will cause a PHP project to be always assigned to the server that is currently marked as a default in a workspace.
* "Deployment" tab in PHP servers wizard/edit dialogs has been renamed to "Web API" and moved to the second position right after the "General" settings
* "Edit Server" dialog restores its previous size and location with every run.
* PHP servers table available in "Servers" preference page can be sorted both by name and URL.
* Path mapping table available in server editor can be sorted now both by server and local path.
* Path mapping table available in server editor gained new column which indicates whether particular mapping has been added automatically by Studio or by the user.
* Path mapping dialog has been improved to make adding mappings easier.
* Noteworthy fixes:
* Fixed issue starting Zend Studio on Fedora 22
* Composer console cleaned from invalid characters
* Fixed performance issue after save with active Outline view
* Fixed performance problem with file with many array assignments
* Fixed content assist performance bottleneck inside strings
* Fixed Studio freeze during PHPDoc generation
* Fixed getter/setter/undeclared methods generation
* Fixes for PHPDoc generation
* Fixed problem with duplicated namespaces in content assist
* Fixed problem with duplicated constructor proposal in content assist
* Keywords $this/static/self added to content assist for @return tag
* Added support for $this and static phpDoc keywords in content assist
* Fixed problem causing NullPointerException while running PHPUnit tests for the very first time
* Fixed problem with exporting Apigility production ZPK packages.
* DBeaver is removed from Welcome screen. It is still possible to install it following the instructions on the DBeaver web site: http://dbeaver.jkiss.org/download/#eclipse
* Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Linux x86, Linux x86-64
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
* 1.5GHz processor
* 2GB RAM
* 1GB of hard disk space
PHP 5.5 and 5.6 built-in executables (Windows only):
* The PHP 5.5 and 5.6 built-in executables require the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 (x86 variant) to be installed in the operating system. The MSI installer of Zend Studio 12.5 and later installs it automatically, but users upgrading from earlier Zend Studio version must install it manually from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
PHP 7 built-in executables (Windows only):
* The PHP 7 built-in executables require the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x86 variant) to be installed in the operating system. The installer of Zend Studio 13 and later installs it automatically, but users upgrading from earlier Zend Studio version must install it manually from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Apigility integration requirements:
* Internet Explorer >=10 is required on Windows for the Apigility Editor to render correctly.
Mobile development requirements:
* For generation of native Android applications it is required to have:
- The Stand-alone Android SDK Tools: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools
- The Java Development Kit added to system path. We recommend Oracle (Sun) JDK 7 or higher (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads). Please ensure you have:
a. JAVA_HOME environment variable set (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45)
b. %JAVA_HOME%\bin is added to system path (http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml)
Code Trace requirements:
* Flash Player must be installed in the operating system.
* Update to Zend Studio 13 from older versions is not supported on Mac OS X. New installation of Zend Studio 13 is required. If an update is attempted, this will corrupt the Zend Studio installation.
* CordovaSim requires manual configuration of JRE (Mac OS X only). For some reason the Eclipse Platform on Mac OS X does not automatically configure the JRE that runs Studio. Users must manually configure it in the Java > Installed JREs preference page.
* Reset Perspective may be required after installation of the Terminal plugin. This is required in case it does not appear in the Show In context menu.
* During update of Studio a security warning about unsigned content may be shown. You can safely ignore this warning and proceed with the upgrade.
* Z-Ray may not render correctly inside Zend Studio on Windows. A workaround can be applied in one of the following alternative ways:
a) Modify Zend Server configuration to include the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response. If Zend Server is running on Apache HTTP Server then:
1. Add the following line in the httpd.conf file:
Header add X-UA-Compatible "IE=edge"
2. Restart the Apache HTTP Server.
3. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
b) Modify the application to include "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response:
1. Add the following line in a suitable place in your PHP code:
2. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
In Zend Server 8 and later Z-Ray will automatically add the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response, so the above workaround will not be required.
* Zend Debugger PHP extension is not available for PHP builds with Thread Safety enabled. You can find out the status of Thread Safety in your PHP:
- in phpinfo() output
- by checking the value of the predefined constant PHP_ZTS ("false" means Non Thread Safe, i.e. supported by Zend Debugger)
If you use Thread-Safe PHP, consider Xdebug as the alternative.
* Debug session is not started for both debugging an application and debug mode enabled against OpenShift target with zend-6.1 cartridge.
* Zend Studio Crashes with Segmentation Fault in KDE 4.11 and newer, see http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-crashes-with-segmentation-fault-in-kde-4-11
* Zend Studio menus do not show or appear only partially in the menu bar of Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04. The issue is caused by Ubuntu's bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/+bug/1208019. See http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-menu-does-not-work-on-ubuntu-13-10/
* Using Zend Studio's built-in PHP 5.5 binaries with Xdebug may be problematic on Windows and OS X.
On Windows no Xdebug package is suggested for downloading at http://xdebug.org/wizard.php
On OS X Xdebug requires an older version of Zend Engine API than provided by Zend Studio binaries. Workaround: manually build Xdebug, following steps described at http://xdebug.org/wizard.php
* To display class inheritance charts in the documentation generated by PHPDocumentor installation of Graphviz is required. Due to compatibility issues, please install
Graphviz version 2.30.1 on Mountain Lion and newer
Graphviz version 2.28.0 on Windows and older OS X versions
Thank you for using Zend Studio!
Zend Technologies, Inc.