Innovate faster and cut risk with PHP experts from Zend Services.
Beginning to advanced PHP classes to learn and earn global certification.
Help me choose >
Submit support requests and browse self-service resources.
Rogue Wave is pleased to announce the Zend Studio 13.5 release!
You can download this release from: http://www.zend.com/en/products/studio
* New PHP indexing mechanism based on Apache Lucene, which leads to:
* 3x faster creation of index
* 3x smaller size of index on the file system
* 3x faster searching in the index - finding types, methods, building type hierarchy, code navigation, etc.
* Code assist is no longer blocked by running indexing processes.
* Semantic Analysis checks are executed on multiple CPU cores - up to 3x faster.
* Run/Debug launches are not blocked by background build jobs
* Fixed performance problem with many assignment operators
* Fixed performance problem with content assist in large array structure
* PHP 7:
* Default PHP interpreter changed to PHP 7
* PHP 7 Built-in executables with Zend Debugger
* Fixed issue with marking String, Int, Float and Bool as unknown types in function parameters
* Fixed issue with missing @return tag in generated PHPDoc
* Fixed issue with Semantic Analysis skipping checks for return types
* PHP Editor:
* Content assist windows size is saved
* Hovering over a problem marker shows the available quick fixes
* Improved support for PHPDoc tag content assist
* Format on save always process whole file
* Fixed problem with code folding during typing
* Generated use statements adds empty line
* Inline @var comments are considered by Semantic Analysis
* Added 'class' proposal for "static:"
* PHP exception breakpoints (supported only for Xdebug)
* Fixed issue with not stopping on breakpoints when Xdebug is used
* Fixed issue with failing to start PHPUnit tests when using PHP executables without a debugger.
* Fixed issue with breakpoints not working for linked resources
* Other improvements and fixes:
* Eclipse Platform updated to version 4.5.2 Mars.2
* EGit is update to version 4.3:
* New in version 4.2: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.2
* New in version 4.3: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.3
* Zend Framework 1 updated to version 1.12.17
* Zend Framework 2 updated to version 2.4.9
* Apigility updated to version 1.3.3
* The Eclipse Marketplace Client is added
* The Terminal plugin is now part of the main installation package
* Composer console supports ANSI coloring and interactive user input
* CSS3 profile in the CSS editor
* Quick fixes are available in the Problems view. Shortcut: Ctrl+1
* Anonymous classes are displayed in Outline and Quick Outline
* Detection of Local Zend Server is now optional
* The Trial screen is reworked to use only Eclipse RCP widgets, which avoids startup issues if the embedded browser cannot be initialized
* Support for Linux 32-bit is discontinued. No installation package will be provided in future.
* PHP 5.x built-in binaries for running and debugging CLI applications are not provided anymore. Only a single PHP built-in binary with the latest PHP version will be provided. Custom PHP binaries can still be added via the preference page.
* The Amazon AWS Toolkit extra feature is discontinued. It was a fork of an old version of the plugin. We recommend to use to genuine plugin provided by Amazon: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSToolkitEclipse/latest/ug/tke_setup_install.html
* The OpenShift integration is discontinued.
* The VMWare Workstation Support extra feature is discontinued.
* Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Linux x86-64
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan
* 1.5GHz processor
* 2GB RAM
* 1GB of hard disk space
PHP 7 built-in executables (Windows only):
* The PHP 7 built-in executables require the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x86 variant) to be installed in the operating system. The installer of Zend Studio 13 and later installs it automatically, but users upgrading from earlier Zend Studio version must install it manually from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51682
Apigility integration requirements:
* Internet Explorer >=10 is required on Windows for the Apigility Editor to render correctly.
Mobile development requirements:
* For generation of native Android applications it is required to have:
- The Stand-alone Android SDK Tools: https://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/index.html?pkg=tools
- The Java Development Kit added to system path. We recommend Oracle (Sun) JDK 7 or higher (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads). Please ensure you have:
a. JAVA_HOME environment variable set (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_45)
b. %JAVA_HOME%\bin is added to system path (http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml)
Code Trace requirements:
* Flash Player must be installed in the operating system.
* Update to Zend Studio 13 or newer from older versions is not supported on Mac OS X. New installation of Zend Studio 13 or newer is required. If an update is attempted, this will corrupt the Zend Studio installation.
* CordovaSim requires manual configuration of JRE (Mac OS X only). For some reason the Eclipse Platform on Mac OS X does not automatically configure the JRE that runs Studio. Users must manually configure it in the Java > Installed JREs preference page.
* Reset Perspective may be required after installation of the Terminal plugin. This is required in case it does not appear in the Show In context menu.
* During update of Studio a security warning about unsigned content may be shown. You can safely ignore this warning and proceed with the upgrade.
* Z-Ray may not render correctly inside Zend Studio on Windows. A workaround can be applied in one of the following alternative ways:
a) Modify Zend Server configuration to include the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response. If Zend Server is running on Apache HTTP Server then:
1. Add the following line in the httpd.conf file:
Header add X-UA-Compatible "IE=edge"
2. Restart the Apache HTTP Server.
3. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
b) Modify the application to include "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response:
1. Add the following line in a suitable place in your PHP code:
2. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
In Zend Server 8 and later Z-Ray will automatically add the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response, so the above workaround will not be required.
* Zend Debugger PHP extension is not available for PHP builds with Thread Safety enabled. You can find out the status of Thread Safety in your PHP:
- in phpinfo() output
- by checking the value of the predefined constant PHP_ZTS ("false" means Non Thread Safe, i.e. supported by Zend Debugger)
If you use Thread-Safe PHP, consider Xdebug as the alternative.
* Zend Studio Crashes with Segmentation Fault in KDE 4.11 and newer, see http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-crashes-with-segmentation-fault-in-kde-4-11
* Zend Studio menus do not show or appear only partially in the menu bar of Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04. The issue is caused by Ubuntu's bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/+bug/1208019. See http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-menu-does-not-work-on-ubuntu-13-10/
* To display class inheritance charts in the documentation generated by PHPDocumentor installation of Graphviz is required. Due to compatibility issues, please install
Graphviz version 2.30.1 on Mountain Lion and newer
Graphviz version 2.28.0 on Windows and older OS X versions
Support and Feedback:
* To share bug reports and any other feedback, please email us at [email protected] or use the Zend Forums at http://forums.zend.com
Thank you for using Zend Studio!
Rogue Wave Software, Inc