Zend Framework: Advanced
The Zend Framework: Advanced course is designed to teach PHP developers already working with Zend Framework how to apply best practices when building and configuring applications for scalability, interactivity, and high performance.
- Learn how modularizing the MVC structure can increase efficiency in coding and facilitate team development when using Zend Framework (ZF)
- Produce Rich Internet Applications based on ZF that can incorporate valuable resources from other languages, such as support for the Dojo Toolkit
- Design applications that improve your user's experience, both by providing an enhanced GUI presentation (reflecting ZF's internationalization and navigation components), and by providing faster-performing applications (utilizing ZF's caching, queuing, and Search Lucene components)
The course utilizes a hands-on approach with numerous examples and practical exercises, as well as a key development project, to enhance learning. This course is offered online - with a live instructor - for 20 hours (10 - 2 hour sessions) or can be adapted for the classroom setting.
The course was designed and reviewed by the Zend Framework Project lead - Matthew Weier O'Phinney.
This course is designed for intermediate to advanced PHP developers who have used Zend Framework to complete at least 1 major web application.
Participants must be proficient in:
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Model-View_Controller design pattern
Participants must be comfortable creating:
- Basic web applications based on Zend Framework
- Simple web forms, simple database interactions
Participants must be familiar with:
- Web Services
- Client - Server interaction
- Session Management
- Authentication and Access Control Mechanisms
- Plus all the other topics presented in the Zend Framework Fundamentals course
Upon completing the course, active PHP developers should be equipped to apply best practices when building and configuring applications for scalability, interactivity, and high performance.
Table of Content
|1. KEY CONCEPTS OVERVIEW
A. MVC design pattern
D. Form Decorators
E. Zend_ACL and Zend_AUTH
F. Database Connectivity
|2. DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING
|3. RICH INTERNET APPLICATIONS
C. Web Services
|4. INTERACTIVE APPLICATIONS
|5. SCALABLE, FLEXIBLE, AND HIGH PERFORMANCE SYSTEMS
There are some broad topics included within the scope of this course, such as Rich Internet Applications. Participants should note, however that these topics are discussed in terms of the related Zend Framework components and PHP, and therefore will not be covered in every aspect.
To get the most out of the class, students should anticipate devoting 1/2 to 1 hr after each session to review their notes and complete assignments.
Upcoming Course Schedule
European Classroom Schedule
Question? Chat with Us