Get the Best PHP Training Online
Are you a beginner, intermediate, or advanced PHP developer looking to increase your PHP skills? Our PHP experts teach a variety of online PHP courses and in-person PHP classes, including:
Earn Your PHP Certification
Demonstrate your competency in PHP by becoming a Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE). Our PHP certification program is:
- Monitored by an independent advisory board.
- Recognized as the global standard for verifying PHP competency.
Ready to take the certification exam? Purchase a voucher and take the exam at one of the more than 4,000 global Pearson Vue testing centers.
Why Choose Zend for PHP Training?
Our PHP training instructors have proven experience helping people and global organizations use PHP to meet their requirements. You can also choose from online and onsite options, making it easier to meet individual and group-training needs.
In addition, our classes cover all aspects of PHP. For example, depending on the courses you take, you can:
Learn the basics about development and PHP, including:
- Syntax and structure.
- Types, arrays, and reusable functions.
- User forms.
- HTTP sessions and cookies.
- Input and output (I/O) including MySQL functions.
Improve your basic PHP development skills by learning how to:
- Use new capabilities in PHP 7.
- Improve efficiency with object-oriented techniques.
- Make the most of databases to create better web services.
- Identify and fix ineffective code.
- Accelerate and improve development with best practices.
Master advanced PHP development techniques including how to:
- Design PHP applications that can scale to meet your requirements.
- Use Docker to minimize costs and save time.
- Streamline integrations and interoperability by creating your own APIs.
- Speed time to market with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD).
- Write PHP scripts that can be run from the command line and in Cron jobs.
Use your other language skills to rapidly master PHP by learning:
- How PHP differs from other languages including Java, .NET, and C/C++.
- HP syntax and structures.
- How to use your skills in other languages to rapidly develop PHP applications.
- Set up development and runtime environments.
- Advanced PHP web-development methodologies including frameworks and best practices.
Increase the security of your PHP applications by learning:
- Common security mistakes.
- Best practices for building security into your applications.
- How to monitor your applications for vulnerabilities.
- How to identify attacks and breaches.
Reduce bugs in your code by learning:
- The importance of unit testing.
- How to incorporate unit testing in CICD pipelines.
- How to setup and use the PHPUnit testing framework.
- When and how to use doubles, dummies, stubs, and mocks.
- How to improve testing with data providers.
Deploy web services on the IBM i platform with PHP by understanding:
- How PHP applications can run natively on IBM i.
- PHP syntax, structures, and data types.
- PHP’s file system and array functions.
- How to leverage your existing data with PHP’s Db2 functions and MySQL extensions.
- How to leverage your existing HLL programs and native IBM i artifacts.
Get the skills you need to prepare for PHP certification, by:
- Understanding the ten certification areas.
- Taking practice tests to identify what you need to learn to earn certification.
- Working with your instructor to learn the skills that you are lacking or need to improve.
Learn More about PHP Certification
Certification Study Guide
Know if you are ready to take the PHP certification exam. This guide reviews all of the topics you will need to understand to earn your certification, and it provides sample test questions.
When you become a Zend Certified Engineer, you are added to our public directory of global ZCEs. In addition to making it easy for you to network with other ZCEs, organizations also use our directory to find qualified staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who wrote the certification exams? What topics will the exam cover? When will your details be added to the global ZCE directory? Get answers to these and other questions about PHP certification.
Zend Server Trial
Start your free 30-day trial to see how you can increase PHP app performance, security, and scalability with Zend Server.
PHP 5.6 Support
Get long-term support for PHP 5.6, 7.1, and newer.
Get answers to your questions.