PHP Foundations for IBM i provides the IBM Power systems developers and administrators with an overview of the PHP language and main concepts, so you can bring the power of web and mobile development to the IBM i platform.
This course guides you through the basics of PHP with an experiential approach, filled with numerous examples and hands-on exercises. Your instructor will also explain the similarities and differences between the PHP and RPG languages, to help with comprehension.
What Will You Learn?
This class includes the content of the PHP I Foundations class and additional three IBM i specific sessions. You will learn:
- The syntax and structural elements of PHP.
- How to correctly apply the various control-flow structures.
- PHP data types, type-juggling, and operator precedence.
- How to organize code into reusable functions.
- How to use PHP's file system and array functions.
- The essential elements of HTTP such as cookies and sessions.
- How to interact with a database using PHP's Db2 functions and MySQL extensions.
- How to access your IBM i resources like HLL Programs (RPG, COBOL, CL) and native IBM i artifacts such as system values, data areas, and spooled files using PHP.
- How PHP runs natively on IBM i and which subsystems provision resources.
This course is designed for experienced IBM i system programmers who currently use RPG or COBOL.
For successful learning, you need a basic knowledge of HTML and experience in RPG/COBOL development or IBM i administration.
This online class provides 23 hours of instruction, divided into 2-hour lectures that include practical examples and student exercises. When you enroll, you will receive a course guide and code samples used in the exercises.
This class can be also delivered by an instructor at your site.
Registration, Terms, and Conditions
8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24 & 26
8pm -10pm PST Sunday
7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23 & 25
|7am -9am PST|
16-18h00 CEST (Paris)
01-03:00 AET (Sydney) next day
4, 6, 8, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20 & 22
|1am -3am PST|
10-12h00 CEST (Paris)
20-22:00 AET (Sydney)
2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18 & 20
|10am - 12pm PST|
19-21h00 CEST (Paris)
05-07:00 AET (Sydney) next day
|Milan and Rome|
Contact Elena Brambilla with questions about the courses.
Special Offer: Interested in taking additional classes and achieving certification? Check out our bundle discount and save money. We recommend:
Note: After you have purchased your Zend online training course, you will receive an email detailing the registration process.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.