Designed for proficient PHP programmers with practical experience and familiarity with Zend Framework (ZF), this course perfects your skillset and allows you to make better use of ZF by taking advantage of advanced features. The class applies best practices for building applications while ensuring scalability, interactivity, and high performance. The course is designed around a series of practical use cases, guiding the developer in how to use ZF to meet the challenges of each situation by making applications and APIs more robust, streamlined and secure.
What Will You Learn?
You’ll learn how to leverage the power of Zend Framework to build well-designed, scalable, and secure web applications quickly and competently.
You’ll be introduced to the advanced concepts that make ZF such a powerful tool to create web applications that can be rapidly developed and easily deployed. And you’ll learn the components that solve common problems so that you can concentrate on solving your business problems and not spend time re-inventing the wheel.
What Will You Be Able to Achieve?
By the end of this course you’ll able to:
- Increase customer satisfaction by making your ZF app run faster with less redundancy.
- Expand the reach of your web application by developing it into a REST-based API.
- Prevent security breaches by implementing controlled access to website resources.
- Add flexibility to your application by defining factory classes which can build objects where the exact classname is not yet known.
- Foster reusability and application stability by defining listeners and attachments in one class.
- Add authentication to your applications, storing passwords using the latest hashing technologies.
- Perform secure file uploads with filtering and validation.
- Create model classes which automatically trigger events before or after database modifications.
- Quickly and easily define interactions between objects, forms, and your database by making full use of ZF hydration features.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
This course is designed for intermediate to advanced PHP developers familiar with object-oriented programming (OOP), who have been coding in Zend Framework for at least a year.
You should have developed at least one major Zend Framework project. Additionally, you should understand intermediate to advanced-level code examples and be ready to perform coding exercises.
This course provides a series of nine, two-hour, instructor-led lectures coupled with practical examples and participant exercises. Apart from holidays, course lectures are scheduled with a day in between meetings to allow participants to complete the labs.
Participants are provided with a course guide, and a virtual machine with solution code for a practice application used as a teaching tool throughout the course. The virtual machine also contains plenty of fully functional code examples using the latest version of ZF. This class can also be delivered by an instructor on site.