Zend Server for IBM i 6.3.0 Release Notes
InstallationZend Server for IBM i 6.3 supports both new installations and upgrades from Zend Server for IBM i 6.0.1, 6.1 and 6.2. Zend Server for IBM i 6.3 can be installed as a new installation on a partition running Zend Server for IBM i 5.x, and both can be run at the same time, allowing for a migration from version 5 to version 6.
Zend Server for IBM i 6.3 installation files can be downloaded here: http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/downloads-ibmi
For new installations, please choose one of the new installation files. For first time installations, the "6.3.0 upgrade from 6.x" installer should not be used (this installer is for upgrades from 6.0.1, 6.1.0 or 6.2.0 only). Choose either PHP 5.3, PHP 5.4 or PHP 5.5. First time installers should usually choose the latest version of PHP, unless they are planning to use a third party PHP application that is not compatible with that version.
For detailed installation instructions, please refer to the Zend Server for IBM i Installation Guide.
For upgrades from Zend Server for IBM i 6.0.1, 6.1 or 6.2, please choose one of the "6.3.0 upgrade from 6.x" install files. You could choose the upgrade installer that matches the currently installed version of PHP (5.3 or 5.4). The Zend Server 6.3 upgrade installer supports PHP version upgrade. For example, you could upgrade currently installed version of PHP 5.3 with PHP 5.4 or PHP 5.5 or currently installed version of PHP 5.4 with PHP 5.5. Detailed installation instructions are included as a text file in the downloaded folder.
Please check back periodically for updates. You can also receive notifications of updates by signing up for the "Zend PHP Monthly Updates for IBM i" email newsletter, available at your My Account page.
Migration from Zend Server for IBM i 5
Please see the Zend Server for IBM i Installation Guide for detailed migration information.
Limitations and Known Issues
The following issues are known at the time of the 6.3 release:
- If the UI fails to initialize a session, no error will be displayed (ZSRV-8912). Consult the ui’s php error log for resolving this problem
- WebAPI requests made explicitly to http://ServerName/ZendServer/index.php will fail. Instead, use http://ServerName/ZendServer/ (ZSRV-5735)
- CLI Tools have undergone substantial changes since version 5.6. zs_setup script has been removed, and there have been changes to the flow of commands. For further information, see the Zend Server User Guide
- Misconfiguring LDAP authentication can result in the user being locked out of their Zend Server console. If this occurs, reset your Zend Server password. For more information, see the Zend Server User Guide
- No HTTPS support for Job Queue feature
- Application health-check fails when application is deployed on SSL Vhost (ZSRV-11394)
- Configuration import does not restore pagecache and monitor rules definitions properly (ZSRV-11229/30)
Upgrade & Installation Related
- After upgrade to 6.3, cannot import Exported Configuration from 6.0.1 or earlier (ZSRV-10773).