Protecting PHP Code
With Zend Guard, you can encode and obfuscate your PHP code, to prevent unlicensed use and reverse engineering.
Zend Guard maximizes software profitability by:
- Limiting unauthorized duplication or use of your applications.
- Ensuring only licensed customers use your products — in a way that complies with your license.
- Supporting flexible licensing terms to minimize product costs.
- Preventing other people from changing your code.
Zend Guard supports PHP versions up through 5.6. Please read this blog for more information.
PHP Encryption and PHP Obfuscation Solution Features
Compiles and converts the plain-text PHP scripts into a platform-independent binary format known as a 'Zend Intermediate Code' file. These encoded binary files can then be distributed instead of the plain text PHP protecting your hard programming efforts. Benefits of using this PHP encrypt process:
- Prohibits modification of internal PHP application source code.
- Supports one-click encoding from Zend Studio.
- Auto-detects and suggests PHP code elements (such as functions and methods) to exclude them from being obfuscated, significantly reducing development time.
How the PHP Encoder and PHP Obfuscator Works
The license file, deployed along with the encoded PHP, is validated at runtime. Licenses can be easily modified or renewed, without the need to deploy new software. Vendors can pick-and-choose from a variety of flexible licensing models:
- Concurrent Users: Usage is limited by the number of real-time users.
- Time Limited: A time-limited license used for evaluation purposes or time dependent terms, with pre-set expiration dates.
- Segment of Network: Usage is limited by IP address range, restricting licenses according to network topology.
- Specific Server: License limited to specific hardware, based on Host ID.
- Advanced Options: Specify advanced licensing options by adding custom code.
What's New With the PHP Encoding and PHP Obfuscation Solution
Changes in Zend Guard from Version 6.0 to 7.0
Full support for PHP 5.5 and 5.6.
Changes in Zend Guard from Version 5.0.1 to 5.5
Full support for PHP 5.3.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Linux x86.
- Linux x86-64 with 32 bit libraries installed.
- Windows x86 7 / 8.1 / 2008R2.
- Windows x86-64 7 / 8.1 / 2008R2.
- Mac OS X 10.10.
Supported PHP Versions:
- 5.3.x through 5.6 (using Zend Guard Loader as the runtime PHP decoder).
- 4.2.x through 5.2.x (using Zend Optimizer as the runtime PHP decoder).
Zend Server Trial
Start your free 30-day trial to see how you can increase PHP app performance, security, and scalability with Zend Server.
Review your support and service options.
Get answers to your questions.