Rogue Wave is pleased to announce the Zend Studio 13.6 release!
You can download this release from:
* PHP 7.1:
* Nullable types
* Void return type
* Iterable pseudo-type
* Class constant visibility modifer
* Catching multiple exception types
* Square bracket syntax for array destructuring assignment
* Allow specifying keys in list()
* Default PHP interpreter changed to PHP 7.1
* PHP 7.1 Built-in executables with Zend Debugger
* PHP performance:
* The speed of semantic analysis checks are improved by another 30%
* Improved Composer support:
* Wizard for creating new PHP project from existing Composer package on Packagist
* Renovated Composer editor
* Composer editor now embeds JSON editor with intellisense features
* New ES6 capable JS Parser
* Bower and NPM integration
* Grunt and Gulp integration
* Chromium V8 debugger
* New Node.js support
* Support for HiDPI displays
* Automatic scaling of the GUI according to the DPI settings of the OS
* Best experience achieved at 200% DPI scaling
* Other improvements and fixes:
* Eclipse Platform updated to version 4.6.3 Neon.3
* Word wrap in all text editors
* Built-in shortcuts to zoom in text editors
* Automatic save of dirty editors
* Full screen mode
* New Import Project wizard
* Full list of improvements: https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.6/platform.php
* Eclipse PDT updated to version 4.3:
* New in 4.1: https://wiki.eclipse.org/PDT/NewIn41
* New in 4.3: https://wiki.eclipse.org/PDT/NewIn43
* EGit updated to version 4.6:
* New in 4.4: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.4
* New in 4.5: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.5
* New in 4.6: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.egit/releases/4.6
* Apigility updated to version 1.4
* JSON editor with intellisense features
* Bundled JRE is updated as part of the Zend Studio update process
* The mobile application development support is discontinued.
* ZF1 support is partially discontinued due to ZF1 end-of-life. Wizards for new ZF1 projects are removed. The IDE is still useful for existing ZF1 projects.
* The FontSize extra features is discontinued in favor of the built-in shortcuts to zoom in text editors.
* Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Linux x86-64
- OS X El Capitan 10.11, macOS Sierra 10.12
* 1.5GHz processor
* 2GB RAM
* 1GB of hard disk space
PHP 7.1 built-in executables (Windows only):
* The PHP 7.1 built-in executables require the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x86 variant) to be installed in the operating system. The installer of Zend Studio 13 and later installs it automatically, but users upgrading from earlier Zend Studio version must install it manually from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51682
Apigility integration requirements:
* Internet Explorer >=10 is required on Windows for the Apigility Editor to render correctly.
Code Trace requirements:
* Flash Player must be installed in the operating system.
* Update to Zend Studio 13 or newer from older versions is not supported on Mac OS X. New installation of Zend Studio 13 or newer is required. If an update is attempted, this will corrupt the Zend Studio installation.
* During update of Studio a security warning about unsigned content may be shown. You can safely ignore this warning and proceed with the upgrade.
* Z-Ray may not render correctly inside Zend Studio on Windows. A workaround can be applied in one of the following alternative ways:
a) Modify Zend Server configuration to include the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response. If Zend Server is running on Apache HTTP Server then:
1. Add the following line in the httpd.conf file:
Header add X-UA-Compatible "IE=edge"
2. Restart the Apache HTTP Server.
3. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
b) Modify the application to include "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response:
1. Add the following line in a suitable place in your PHP code:
2. Reopen the web browser inside Zend Studio.
In Zend Server 8 and later Z-Ray will automatically add the "X-UA-Compatible: IE=edge" HTTP header in the response, so the above workaround will not be required.
* Zend Debugger PHP extension is not available for PHP builds with Thread Safety enabled. You can find out the status of Thread Safety in your PHP:
- in phpinfo() output
- by checking the value of the predefined constant PHP_ZTS ("false" means Non Thread Safe, i.e. supported by Zend Debugger)
If you use Thread-Safe PHP, consider Xdebug as the alternative.
* Zend Studio Crashes with Segmentation Fault in KDE 4.11 and newer, see http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-crashes-with-segmentation-fault-in-kde-4-11
* Zend Studio menus do not show or appear only partially in the menu bar of Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04. The issue is caused by Ubuntu's bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eclipse/+bug/1208019. See http://kb.zend.com/zend-studio-menu-does-not-work-on-ubuntu-13-10/
* To display class inheritance charts in the documentation generated by PHPDocumentor installation of Graphviz is required. Due to compatibility issues, please install
Graphviz version 2.30.1 on Mountain Lion and newer
Graphviz version 2.28.0 on Windows and older OS X versions
Thank you for using Zend Studio!
Rogue Wave Software, Inc